Tuesday, April 12, 2011

8 Months

Well my handsome boy, you are now eight months old. Holy crap. How did that happen?? I am already beginning to ponder your birthday party . . . slow down please. It seems like just yesterday that you came home with us for the first time (I don't think I'll ever stop saying that).


You are so curious and full of personality - yesterday you were 'Tank the Crank' and today you were so happy that I was trying to stop you from giggling so that you'd still have smiles when I was taking your picture.


Tubes


Holy Thighs Batman.

You got tubes put in your ears a few weeks ago and you did great. We couldn't give you anything to eat after midnight and we were very worried that we would have a super pissed off baby in the morning. But we didn't. You played with toys while waiting for the doctors to prepare and were distracted too much to fuss. Mama only freaked out a little when they took you from me, but by the time we made it to the waiting room and made some hot chocolate the procedure was done. Five minutes later we met with the doctor who said you did great, and then we got you back :) You were not happy, but after you got some food you were just fine - as is typical. You get over things easily - I hear this is called the 'Hunt Flare' (Baby Daddy Edit: I usually use this in an emotional/anger sense). Since then we have stopped giving you the inhaled steroid and have decreased your other nebulizer treatments - spring cannot some soon enough in this house :)

Trouble



You are so incredibly curious Handsome. Even though you cannot crawl you are finding ways to get into trouble. Daddy says you are doing 'reconnaissance' in your walker. You are already lifting up the trashcan lid, pulling at the blinds and pulling things in your reach off the refrigerator. Needless to say you do not ever leave our sight.


I was going to eat some Greeley fish, but then I saw this placemat . . . NOM.

You are in the grabby stage, and you never want to grab your toys - placemats, cellphones, cords, laptops, if you are not supposed to have it, you want it. How do you know that?

Teeth (Click picture to see)


You got your first teeth this month. Your two bottom front teeth just popped up one day. No big fussing or runny nose - one day you pulled my finger to your mouth and I felt something sharp.

On the Move . . . sort of

You are trying to crawl and it is adorable. Just like Izzers, you will crawl for food and we have tried to 'bait you' with Puffs. You can get onto your arms or pull your butt up, but you've yet to get that tummy off of the ground - but who can blame you, it is a big tummy :) You will try for awhile, and then whine 'maaaaaa maaaaaa . . . maaaaa maaaaa'. You love to move, but not so much on your own. Even when we hold you, you love to squirm. Mama loves the moments when you just lie still while I hold you because I know there will be fewer in the coming months when you figure out how to move.


When they're old and in the nursing home, I'm going to keep their walkers "just out of their reach" - see how they like it




Babies love leg warmers. Realsies.

Size and Stats

You weigh 22 pounds. Let's just let that sink in - 22 pounds! People ask why we call you Tank and I tell them that fact. You are nearing the end of wearing size 12 month clothes (Baby Daddy edit: the striped shirt in the first picture is an 18 month shirt) and are wearing a size 3 diaper. You are big enough to sit in the cart and we are so thankful to not have to carry your little car seat around anymore - especially with you in it.


Food

In the past month you have tried Grandpa Wulfekuhle's sweet corn (is there any other kind?), potatoes, carrots, mixed veggies, prunes, sweet peas, mangos, blueberries, peaches, pears, and granola (pureed) as well as other mixed fruits. The only thing you didn't like was potatoes, but I think that was because they were too thick. You try often to 'help' us feed you by trying to grab the spoon. Other times, you blow razzies when you have a fresh spoonful of food in your mouth and get food all over Mama. You love Puffs and we've just recently given you Cheerios. You enjoy picking them up and putting them in your mouth . . .


. . . or getting close to your mouth. We're currently trying to get you on a better schedule of meals and bottles.

Sleep

You are back to your old sleeping pattern - but with a shift. You are tired earlier and typically fall asleep before 7:30. Which means you are up at 5:30. I am not surprised as you were fairly active in the morning when I was pregnant, but 5:30 is a little early Handsome - can we make it 6:30? please? Luckily, you fall asleep quickly. We take you upstairs, and if you aren't already sleeping, we change your diaper, put you in pajamas and/or your sleepsack, turn on the humidifier and the heartbeat noise on your mobile, you turn on your side, suck your fingers, grab Dino and fall asleep quickly. It is rare that we have to go in and rub your back.


I love you Handsome. My absolute favorite part of the day is picking up up from daycare or seeing you when I get home from work. You see my face, hear me say 'Hi Handsome', and you get the biggest smile on your face.

Up for next month: Your first Easter, Cousin Annabanana's first birthday, lots of family time, more time outside, a sippy cup and more finger foods!

No comments:

Post a Comment