Tomorrow is officially August (holy crap), which means that I will soon be changing my voicemail greeting to baby updates. 'Hi, you've reached Baby Momma - no baby yet.' Now when people ask when Baby Hunt is due, I say 'Friday' and it almost doesn't seem real that it is so soon. Our to-do list is done, even with the additions I threw on it in the past few weeks (mine never really end). Call it pregnancy-amnesia, or momnesia, but I forgot a lot from July that I'm here to catch you all up on. (If you are opposed to rambling, I suggest you skip this post).
1. Grandpa W's family will especially appreciate these . . .
Great Grandpa W has been wearing overalls since before I was born, so I was on the look-out for these for a few weeks before visiting the Osh Kosh store. Now we just need a pair for Grandpa W, right Grandpa??
(Side note: I do not decorate with leopard print. I swear - those pillows came with our furniture in January and they just happen to be great, supportive pillows. I have tried to find cases for them that are more my style, but nothing seems to fit)
2. Izzers - oh Izzers. We've read a lot about preparing a dog for a new baby and it can be quite the adjustment for the dog, especially when they are used to receiving all of the attention. Yes, this includes Isabelle. We have taken her with us when visiting Annabanana and she does very well with her - she really just wants to lick her. She does get a little too licky once in awhile, but she does not bark or growl, or try to sleep right next to her. When Annabanana fusses in the pack 'n play, Izzers will often circle around it until someone picks her up. Since Baby Daddy plans to spend a lot of time in the hospital with us, Izzers will be going on a vacation to the grandparents (yes, we call them her grandparents - but really, if you are surprised by that you do not know us well) after Baby Hunt arrives. To make the transition easier on Izzers, we have taken a few hints from others - we have a blanket packed that can gather Baby Hunt's scent to bring home for Izzers so that she may get used to his smell in our home. We have a new toy and a few treats to give her when she comes home so that she associated his being here with good things, and not just less attention. Lastly, we have taken the advice to not increase the attention given to her in the weeks before his arrival as this can make the dog associate the new baby with a distinct decrease in attention.
3. Nesting? I've heard of this nesting phenomenon, but I think it is hooey. Sure, I've been cleaning, but not more than normal. I like to organize, and we have spent a lot of time throwing things away to make room for the new items we have gathered (seriously, how does something so small need sooo much stuff?). However, we are very limited when it comes to storage, and space in general, and since I refuse to leave boxes of diapers out in the open, that means I clean. Also, I don't want to think about bringing home a newborn to a dirty home. I always clean before a vacation for the same reason - I just don't want to have to deal with it later.
No comments:
Post a Comment