Thursday, July 29, 2010

Impatience

My Godfather once remarked to me that 'patience is a virtue'. After hearing this, I snapped back, 'patience is a virtue I do not have'. And oh boy is it apparent right now.

My 38 week appointment was yesterday afternoon and I have progressed nada. zilch. zero. null. Still at 1 cm, baby still down. I know, I know - he's healthy (heart rate 124 bpm), I'm healthy (bp 110/76, measuring right on), and I really am happy for all of that, but I am getting impatient. I just want to meet our son, and the more time that goes by the more I am convinced, in my typical pessimistic way, that he's going to be late, and be a sumo baby. I have this horrible thought that he is going to be late and I will need to be induced (I really, really do not want pitocin - it's supposed to increase pain and nearly fifty percent of first-time mothers who are induced with pitocin end up having a c-section). I know that he will come when he is ready, I just hope he's ready soon :)

So, in the meantime, I am trying to stay patient and enjoy the time I have left with just Baby Daddy. But, I do get a little excited when I look at this:

Who wouldn't be a little excited and impatient to see this everyday? I am a lucky woman :)

No comments:

Post a Comment