Tuesday, July 13, 2010

All our bags are packed . . .

we're ready to go.

And Baby Hunt may be as well. Or not. I had my 36 week appointment today and we are still doing fabulously. Baby Hunt's heartbeat was 132 bpm, my blood pressure was 110/70, I'm measuring right at 37 weeks, and still no signs of swelling. I have said before that we have felt blessed throughout this pregnancy - we had no miscarriage scares, no morning sickness to contend with, not a single day of bedrest, not even any heartburn or swelling. Baby Hunt has been wonderful to us - here's hoping that continues for the next three weeks.

I did get to second base with my OB today - I started getting checked for signs of labor. It was kind of abrupt - I'd have preferred to talk awhile first, or at least eat some ice cream, but these doctors are all business. Wham Bam. While I'm not dilated at all, I have started to efface, and Baby Hunt 'is way down there', leading her to comment that he may come a little early.

Our plans this week have revolved around knocking things off our (and by 'our', I mean 'my') Baby Hunt prep list - we've installed the carseat, packed the bags, picked up the last few items, set up the rest of his equipment, attended class, tested the monitors, and are working on a few more items. People now ask when I'm due and I respond, 'in three weeks'. Or, maybe less . . . we'll see. So if you haven't given us your prediction, see the below post :), we'd love to hear it!

No comments:

Post a Comment