This afternoon Baby Daddy got to demonstrate his man skills once again by putting together Baby Hunt's crib (and by man skills I mean using a screwdriver). It arrived last Sunday and had been sitting unopened in our living room for a week. Baby Daddy drug it upstairs, we did some rearranging - which was all planned out to scale on grid paper (if you didn't believe me last time when I told you how nerdy we were, you now will)
- and dug everything out of the box. I took up my position of instruction-reader and we were off.
Step One: Remove crib from box
It was much easier than I was expecting, even though we covered up the letters identifying some pieces early on. Here's a few man-skills action shots:
We're down to 14 weeks until his due date, and his arrival is becoming more real and tangible each day. His carseat is sitting in our living room along with a tub of small items I've slowly picked up over the past few months - seriously, who could say no to tiny hats and hippo socks? . . . not this Baby Mamma.
Now I just hope it fits through the door when we move next year.
Haha, if your crib is anything like ours then you might be finding out soon that they tend to make them just large enough so that they can't fit through a standard door without being almost completely unassembled. It's ok, you'll get really good at putting it back together though after your move. Glad to see the preparations are going so well.
ReplyDeleteT.J.