While I may now work for the company made famous by fancy plows and leaping deers, I have not always been a full fledged 'supporter' of the Green and Yellow. Yes, my mother's family is big into John Deere, and discussing tractors besides John Deere is considered blasphemous in Bonnie's family (you may get away with some Allis Chalmers talk, but otherwise, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out ;) ). However, my dad's family has a much more pertinent red streak in it when it comes to tractors, and I grew up driving IH and Case. It wasn't until I was getting green from John Deere that I started collecting Green and Yellow items.
This leads me to the 'gauntlet'. A couple of weeks ago, my parents came to pick up Izzers (they make great dog sitters, by the way). Before coming here, they stopped at Blain's Farm and Fleet. From there, Mom and Dad came bearing a gift for Baby Hunt (modeled with Izzers, of course):
Let the fighting for Baby Hunt's allegiance begin. . .
*If you haven't, what are you waiting for? Start at the beginning, it's not that much reading.
No comments:
Post a Comment