Thursday, August 5, 2010

Week 40

Baby Hunt is one day from his due date and we've just returned from the OB. I am dilated to 2 cm, up one from the last few weeks. I met the last of the doctors in my OB partnership, and she estimates Baby Hunt to weigh around 7.5 pounds (we'll see soon if she could someday transfer her talents and become an amusement park intra-uterine weight guesser). His heartbeat sounded lovely at 132 bpm. My blood pressure was 126/82 (normal for most people), and I have minimal swelling. I have had lower back pain for a few days, but it does not appear to be back labor as it comes and goes with lots of massages from Baby Daddy. She also commented on how 'surprisingly' low he is. Hopefully he'll just slide right out . . . ha, I wish.

The OB threw out the scary 'I' word - induction. It's no secret that I dread the use of pitocin and want to give Baby Hunt as much time to come on his own as I safely can. Our OB practice does not deliver past 41 weeks, so she gave me the option of a) scheduling an induction for next week, or b) scheduling an ultrasound w/BPP (essentially a detailed ultrasound with a nonstress test) for Monday and going from there. I choose option b, so if Baby Hunt does not arrive before Monday, we'll have an ultrasound in the afternoon, followed by scheduling an induction for later in the week, assuming he's still doing well. I am really hoping we do not need the induction - come on Baby Hunt :)

Hopefully we'll have good news soon :)

1 comment:

  1. Baby Hunt's made it a lot longer than Topher was able to wait. Hope he gets less shy soon and comes out to meet you two. Best of luck in your waiting.

    T.J.

    ReplyDelete