Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The first few days

This post is going to be picture-free. I swear we have some, but uploading them takes a) effort and b) time away from sleeping/Justin, so you will have to wait a little longer. Sorry. Besides, if I did post a picture of myself right now, it would look eerily similar to a zombie.

Justin's first few days at home have been . . . well . . . tiring, but that is to be expected. The first night he was awake and wanting to eat (I am breastfeeding) every 45 minutes-1hour. Add that to the general nervousness of being a first time mom, and you can imagine how much I slept . . . or didn't sleep, rather. The second night was not good either, as Justin was pretty well awake for four hours during the night, and also wanting to be fed each hour. I actually called his pediatrician to make sure this was normal (oh yeah, I'm that mom already), and not only is it normal, but a good sign that he's eating/digesting corectly - as was confirmed at his mini-appointment today where it was confirmed that he is only 1 ounce from his birthweight :) This last night was much better on all of us as Justin only woke up 4 times :):):):):) and went nearly 2-3 hours between feedings and was only awake for a 30 minute period. We both got the most sleep we've had since leaving the hospital.

Today Justin got out for the first time as I had an appointment with a lactation consultant and his mini-appointment. Everyone thinks he is adorable :) Here is hoping each night gets a little better, though the little guy hasn't slept much today so we'll see.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're doing great. With Topher it has always been a few steps forward and then every once in a while, almost an equal amount backward when it comes to night-time... if Justin is showing improvement already, that's very good news :) Continue to take him out with you and get him used to going everywhere, I think we could have done more of that with ours.

    ReplyDelete