Sunday, February 7, 2010

Onto Trimester Two

Friday officially marked the beginning of the second trimester for Baby Hunt and myself. Phew! It's an amazing relief to be one-third done and only 6 months away from meeting Baby Hunt (yep, still no nickname).

On my side, the last three months have been fairly uneventful, so uneventful that I've often wondered if I am, infact, pregnant. I have been very lucky so far (crosses fingers) and had very little morning sickness. I have had a few moments of nausea, but nothing a few crackers couldn't cure. Other than that, I've noticed a few small changes - my hair and nails seem to be growing faster. Oh, and my pants don't fit anymore, all but one - my skinny jeans - go figure! The Bella Band I've been using for 6 weeks isn't cutting it anymore and I bought my first pair of maternity jeans yesterday for work. Relief!!

Baby Hunt, on the other hand, has been quite busy. He/She has all necessary organs, fingernails and toenails are developing, and hair is starting to grow ( I joke that Baby Hunt already has one advantage over Mitchell ;) ). He/She can open his or her fists and we heard a heartbeat (168 bpm) at our last appointment.

. . . and I don't feel a bit of it. Isn't it crazy that all of this is going on inside of me and I don't feel a bit of it?

Our next appointment is February 16, which should be fairly uneventful except for the quad screening. Our first ultrasound should happen mid-March.

No comments:

Post a Comment