Saturday, February 13, 2010

The first book for Baby Hunt. . .

So I've been trying to think of something witty to start my first blog post with, but to be honest, I don't have any sarcastic, witty comment to come out of the gate with. I do have this though: I am very excited to become a father, but I am also scared shitless. I just hope I can do half the job as a father that mine or my wife's (although I won't have a silver tooth cap to flash, (okay so there's the sarcasm)).

So on to the title of this post. This past week, I was at Barnes and Noble, buying Baby Mama the third season of Ballykissangel, when I decided to meander over to the Children's Section. I wanted to see if I could find a book that I wanted Baby Hunt to have read to/ be able to read when the time comes. So I walk by the shelves, looking for a book. . . I circle the area 3, 4, 5 times. I probably looked like a guy who was just hanging around, looking for little kids. . .

After my laps, I settle by the Dr. Seuss books. I first look at 'Hop on Pop' as I thought it would be a good child father book to read, but I wasn't feeling it (lame, I know). I wanted something that I remember reading as a child to be the first book I bought for my child. So I leave the Seuss books for a bit, but find myself coming back to the shelf of the good Doctor's works. After what felt like a solid 10 minutes of staring at this shelf, though not really reading the titles (after this and the prior circling of the children's section, I was waiting for Chris Hansen to show up). When a yellow spine drew my attention. And there it was a book that I remember reading and one I felt worked well for my first 'choice':
(Let the mockery begin)

No comments:

Post a Comment