Tuesday, February 16, 2010

16 Week Update

I had my 16 week appointment this afternoon, and everything looks great. 'Normal' is a word I'm loving these days, and we were incredibly happy to find that everything so far is 'stone cold normal' according to my OB.

We had a slight issue finding the heartbeat at our last appointment. After two minutes of going over my abdomen, the tech looked at me and asked, "Are you sure about the date?". We gave each other a small look of panic, and the tech tried once more, with me lying flat. After thirty seconds or so, she found the heartbeat - 168 bpm. I don't think I've ever been so relieved. This time around, the nurse found the heartbeat immediately - a healthy 152 bpm.

I had some blood drawn for a quad screening and we met with the financial guru of the OB office (yes, having a baby is uber expensive, in case you were wondering). Other than that, everything was routine.

I have had some requests for 'bump' pics, so enjoy - there won't be very many :) Here is Baby Hunt (and Izzers) at 16 weeks:



Perhaps the most exciting part of the appointment - we have a date for the ultrasound! I know many women have ultrasounds early in their pregnancies, but I will have only the one assuming everything continues to go well. We're looking forward to Monday, March 22! (Damn you spring break pushing the appointment back a week).

No comments:

Post a Comment