Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The LumberDude and the Big D


Justin is eight weeks old tomorrow and checking out more of the world everyday. We spend lots of our time doing this:

. . . and lots of time doing this:


(Note to self: Get different pillows already)

This week was a big week in our house as I returned to work (boooooooo) and The LumberDude has been going to the Big D - Daycare. Let's get this out there - I hated the idea of daycare. If I could, I would stay home with him, at least for a year or two. I don't like the idea of not being with him for long periods of time, or possibly missing his first rollover, or his first crawl. I cried on the way to daycare Monday, while there, and the entire way to work. I called to check in once, and sped home after work to find him sleeping in his swing, with a full tummy and fresh diaper, taken care of. Each day we get a note detailing his day and each day, for me, gets a little easier, though I do miss the LittleDude like crazy while at work. He, on the otherhand, seems perfectly happy and spends his days with lots of people ready to change, burp, or feed him, or put him down for a nap. Oh, what a life . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment