Monday, September 13, 2010

1 Month


I plan to take a picture of Justin in his chair each month.

Our Little Dude is now one month old. Seriously? Already? Justin does not go to his pediatrician until 8 weeks, so I do not have an updated weight, but I can assure you he has grown. I may even call him 'Chubbers' on occasion - let's hope he doesn't develop a complex.

Here is a peek into the life of Justin at one month:

* He has outgrown most of his newborn clothes and is now wearing size 0-3 months consistently.


* We made our first late-night call to the pediatrician Friday when Justin had his first congested nose and was unable to eat. This was followed by a trip to the nearest Wal-Mart to get some 'medicine' as they closed. A few saline drops, some nasal aspartions, and subsequent screams later, and Justin is doing much better. This same night, Izzers and I were sick as well.

* Justin has taken a bottle and does very well with it. When he was ill this weekend, we fed him exclusively by bottle for a day so that he could have a chance to breathe through his mouth without hurting me. Justin tends to eat more when using a bottle, which translated into longer periods of sleep. :) We may be using this to our advantage at nights, but during the day I am feeding him normally.

* He has worn his Hawkeye onesie the past two weekends and 'watched' the games with us. He is well on his way to becoming a Hawkeye fan :) I think I saw a slight smirk when Iowa was up 35-0 over Iowa State. He was probably just filling his diaper, but I'd like to think it was the domination by the Hawkeyes!


* Justin and I spent our first time away from Daddy this week when he was in Michigan on business. We stayed with my parents Monday through Sunday. Mitch arrived home on Friday and joined us for a wedding, and I think we were both ready for him to come back. My parents helped when they could but Justin slept no more than two hours when he was gone. I was very happy to have Mitchell back for the nights, and since he was being fed by bottle, I got my first nearly-full night's sleep in a month (by nearly-full, I mean I fell asleep at 12, woke up when Justin did at 3, but stayed in bed and fell asleep until 6:30).


* Justin's sleeping has, for the most part, improved. He usually goes down around 11 0r 12, wakes up between 3 and 4 (sometimes stays awake for an hour), and goes down until 6-7.

* He is spending much more time alert and is focusing on our faces and ceiling fans and lights. When he naps during the day, it is rarely over an hour, maybe an hour and a half.

* He are quite the squirmer and is a strong little guy. He surprises us with his ability to hold his head up already and we have to reposition him often when holding him because of his squirminess. Tummy time has paid off, though Justin often has to compete with Izzers, who has her own version of 'Tummy Time':


* I was away from Justin for the first time this weekend. I attended a couple hours of the wedding reception while Grandma W watched him. Of course, he slept the entire time I was gone (barring an initial diaper change/bottle feeding). I was glued to my cell phone, waiting for news, but all went well, and besides a little anxiousness to see my boy, we both survived.

I promise Baby Daddy is alive and has not forgotten about the blog. In fact, I know he has the last 'Aint my Baby Name' post planned for the near future. Don't you, darling?

No comments:

Post a Comment