Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Story of the Chai Latte

So, I love chai lattes and I have had very little of them in the past 11 months due to the caffeine in them. Monday morning, I had to run a few errands with the Little Dude and found myself close to a Panera, which in my opinion makes the most wonderful chai lattes. As it was morning, and thus the caffeine wouldn't affect Justin in the middle of the night, I decided to get one. Of course, when I got it, it was too hot to drink. Then, half way to the last stop, Little Dude wakes up and starts screaming in his carseat (NOTE: this is the first time he has made a peep in his carseat while in the car - it usually puts him to sleep). When I got to the last stop - the vet to pick up Izzers' heartworm prevention medicine - Little Dude had calmed down. As it was an in/out stop, I grabbed the carseat and took him inside. Inside, he promptly started wailing again. So I pay for the Sentinel, take Little Dude outside, grab the pacifier and Little Dude is calm. I quickly checked that he wasn't too hot or in pain, and we headed for home. The chai latte was still too hot to drink, and I made it about two blocks before Little Dude was screaming (often he just needs to work out some gas that is uncomfortable for him and he is pretty vocal about it), and he cried the whole way home. Though it was less than 10 minutes, it felt like an eternity.

As soon as we got home, I took Little Dude out of the car, leaving everything else, sans Diaper bag. I brought him inside, fed him, changed his diaper, and put him in his swing long enough to take Izzers outside to relieve herself, grab the stuff in the car (including the chai latte), and brought everything inside. By then Little Dude was unhappy again, so I picked him up, rocked him and walked with him. I figured out that he was still hungry so I fed him again. After he finished, I burped him and he fell asleep in my arms (awwwwww!). After a few minutes, I figured it was safe to put him down to sleep, and he fell asleep easily. I quickly went to the kitchen and unpacked the groceries. I finally grabbed the chai latte, took a drink, and it was hardly luke warm. Down the drain it went. Boooooo.

No comments:

Post a Comment