Saturday, July 9, 2011

The Last First

It hit me last week that this Fourth of July would be Justin's last 'First' holiday. *tear*. Each year we trek down to the lake at which my aunt and uncle (two sets actually) have a cabin to join in their festivities. There are boat races, golf cart parades, and really good fireworks among the normal - laying on the beach and chilling in the cabin. I spent much of my summers growing up here and it is one of my favorite places :) I was pretty excited to take Justin for his first time.


This is how we started - Mama and Baby on a sheet on the beach after we SLATHERED him with sunscreen inside. Note the sippy - gotta stay hydrated. 


The PAPA-razzi came out. He now smiles whenever he sees the camera.  


More sippy - wouldn't want to lose any water in the twenty minutes that Mama let him be outside. Seriously, the baby's skin is as fair as mine - oh, maybe he gets that from me?


Everything was all good until he realized how fun it was to drag his fingers through the sand . . . 


The water was fairly warm so I put him on the sand where the waves would wash onto his legs - he thought it was pretty cool. 


Still trying to figure out his 'good side' - I think damn handsome wins for both :)

1 comment:

  1. I just LOVE his little hat! It looks like you all had a fun time. :)

    ReplyDelete