Sunday, July 24, 2011

11 Months

My darling, handsome boy . . . This monthly post is way way late - you are almost halfway to 12 months (eek). Daddy just returned from a two week trip overseas and I was too busy washing your bottles and making sure your cute little booty was freshly diapered to post this earlier (or I was sleeping . . . )


It is so, incredibly hard to believe that you are almost a year old. I already find myself looking at your "old baby photos" thinking, "my gosh - he really was that small once". But, like, always - you just keep getting more and more fun as I get peeks at your growing personality. And, without a doubt, I can say that you have gained my stubbornness. Lucky you :) Here is what you are up to - and I'll try to save all the developments that have occurred in the last two weeks for your 12 Month post. 

First things first - you will notice a difference in this month's photo - you are not sitting in the chair. I put you in the chair, but after 5 pictures, you went exploring at the edge and fell out. I got just enough of you to cushion your fall, but fall you did. I knew that if I put you back up there, you would fall again, so I just went with this one. You are so, so very curious - everyone mentions that you look and observe everything. You love to be around people - shops, restaurants - anywhere you can explore and observe :) (Daddy says you get this from my love of people-watching). 

Shortly after your 10-month milestone, we celebrated your Daddy's first Father's Day. You were incredibly thoughtful, getting Daddy a handsfree headset for his cell phone, and making him comic book coasters. Well, to be honest, Mama did most of the crafting, you only did the heavy lifting and decoupaging ;) 



Ooo - a new chewtoy 

You have honed your crawling skills and are now quite speedy when you want something - usually the baby gate blocking the stairs. You can pull yourself up easily and shake it in a very dramatic fashion (this flair for the dramatic obviously comes from Daddy). 


Must . . . get . . . Laptop


Freedom!!!

A major, major milestone happened for your Daddy this month - you played with a ball - no, not those balls - an actual sports ball! A baseball to be exact. I don't understand what about this makes his heart go a-flutter, but it certainly does :) You have made him quite proud. (As long as you don't hone your skills at an Iowa rival school - you know, Purdue(??)). 


And for my next trick . . . I will grab this ball . . . 


. . . and Daddy will smile. I have them trained sooo well. 

Sleep - You had an off-again-on-again sleeping month. Daddy reports he was up some nights, not others . Mama mostly slept unless Daddy didn't feed you before changing your diaper (you get a little fussy - again, the dramatic flair). 

Talking - You added 'Baba' to your vocabulary this month. I have absolutely no idea what it means, but it is so fun to listen to you - I swear you know exactly what you want to say and are so confused that we cannot understand you. 

Food - I am sure you tried new things this month - but the report is that we try to give you new foods whenever we have them, and you eat them. Really, you eat anything and everything. I especially enjoyed giving you steak and potatoes for the first time. As the children of cattle farmers, you can imagine our excitement . . . 


OMG STEAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Hey Lady - stop taking my picture when I'm eating (I mean . . . squirrelling)

One funny note - you squirrel away food in your cheeks sometimes, just like a hampster (or squirrel, I suppose). I am not sure if the pieces are too oddly shaped or small to chew, but you have been known to projectile sneeze hamburger pieces thirty minutes after dinner is over. 

You started to think of Izzers as a playmate this month. You often stick out your hand to get her to lick your fingers, and then giggle hysterically when she does. You also try to grab her hair, which she does not find endearing, and thus runs away. We are working on 'petting nicely'. Isabelle will not growl or show any meanness to you, which we adore. She may not poo outside when she's supposed to, but as long as she remains a wonderful playmate and pet of yours, we will love her :)

We took you out and about this month, first to the annual celebration our hometown puts on each year. 


Nom Nom Fingers

And, of course - how could you forget the 4th of July at the cabin? 


Is this lady ever going to leave me alone?

Nope, handsome. No I will not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment