(Wait, I only thought Baby Momma wrote Blog posts. . . Who is this 'Baby Daddy' that is credited with this post? I vaguely remember something about a father who used to post. . . )
Holy crap, was September the last time that you, dear reader, had the opportunity to be enlightened by my intelligently formed and razor sharp wit?
(I will wait until you are done snickering at the thought of what I consider intelligently formed.
Still waiting.
Alright, I'm moving this post along.)
So, in all seriousness, September was a long time ago. A lot has happened for the Hunt Family. We went through another October without the Cubs playing baseball (although the 2010 Cubs were hard to cheer for after about Memorial Day), we went through the peaks and valleys of an Iowa football season, which was ultimately a disappointment that ended on a high note on the field (Insight Bowl victory) and low note off (drugs say what?). We also got to watch the Chiefs not suck until winter (which has happened every postseason in my lifetime). And that's just the sports stuff :).
On a more serious note (aren't we already at 'All Seriousness'? What's more than that?), the Hunt Family has had its fair amount of firsts and changes. We experienced our first set of holidays together; greatly described by Baby Momma*. We've made it through most of a winter at The Lodge in The 'Loo^. Baby Mama has left the world of environmental lab testing for the world of industrial fluid testing and analysis. (You snickered when you read 'fluid testing.' Admit it. I just did). Justin has doubled in size (hence the nickname Tank**). Izzers continues to love treats. . .we do need SOME consistency, after all. So, to help commemorate the 5+ months since I last wasted your time (see, I can be honest about my ramblings), I'm going to post some of my favorite pictures that have not yet made the blog (hopefully I don't steal too much of Baby Momma's ammunition.)
A PG version of a bath picture. Yes, Baby Momma and I will still get yelled at for this picture in the next 10-20 years. Yes, that is me giving him a bath. Yes, I am deathly afraid I will break him during bath time.
Grandpa and Justin discussing proper cattle leading techniques.
This is how I look after I eat breakfast every morning, although without the bib, and with less hair.Although this lion smiles, it can still have one heck of a roar. . . (double entendres are fun!)
And I leave you with this one, which I was unable to make a caption for that did not make me sound like a terrorist:
*If you haven't already read those posts, you should. They are SO MUCH more, well, more (as in often) than mine. Better written too.
^ Winter with lows of NEGATIVE 25ยบ F being just fantastic, and the 45 inches of snow (as of this post) making me love the opportunity to blow snow in said balmy temperatures. . .
**Baby Mama and I are on a mission to find a onesie/T-shirt that has a tank on it. If anyone shares with us where we can find one, we promise to give you a compilation of Izzers sweetest serenades ;).
No comments:
Post a Comment