In Justin's Baptism post, I alluded to the fact that I, like many women who have just had a baby, am unsatisfied with my postpartum body. And by unsatisfied, I mean hating it. So, I've decided to do something about it. And you, my dear reader(s), get to hear about it, because actually having to admit publicly if I am making any progress, or admitting to shortfalls, may help keep me on track. Oh, and Baby Daddy is joining me in this - he has been complaining about his postpartum body for years . . .
So, the dirt - When pregnant with Justin I gained nearly 40 pounds. Yeppers. ouch. 40. and Justin was only 7 of that. Not that I am complaining about that . . . at all. Thus far, I have lost 25 pounds. Now you may be thinking, 'Why Bonnie, that means you have 15 pounds to lose'. Wrong, dear reader(s), wrong. Unfortunately, this lady found out she was pregnant right before the holiday season, which lead to a virtual pigout at each family celebration - 'One piece of pie for me, one piece for Baby Hunt'. Repeat. So, I gained a few pounds before the first prenatal weigh-in. Thus, my weight loss goal is 20 pounds, which would put be back in my set-range. And also back in my normal clothes. Yes, this German lady carries extra weight in her chest and hips - surprising, I know - which means that my clothes STILL DO NOT FIT. Seriously - this is ridiculous. I refuse to buy larger clothes, not because I have a problem with a larger number, but because I do not want to spend the money on a new wardrobe.
You should also know that I despise exercising. Some people find it relaxing, or energizing, or even fun - that's not me. I kick and scream when forced with the idea. But we just got an elliptical, so Baby Daddy tells me that I have to use it. Though I tell him he has to stop eating the peanut butter, and it's still in the cupboard . . . so this won't be easy.
Now that I am thoroughly embarrassed, I will summarize - goal: lose 20 pounds, quickly but in a healthy manner (don't worry mom and dad ;) ), fit into regular clothes, eat less processed food, exercise more. And let you lovely people know how we're doing. Because you care, or at least I will be embarrassed if you ask me about it later and I have to admit that I had two doughnuts and a hamburger for lunch.

No longer 7 pounds . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment