Sunday, November 21, 2010

Our Week

We had quite the week in the our little home. It began innocently enough - Monday we went to work and returned home with the dude. That night, though, as I was cooking dinner (and the gourmet grilled cheese and tomato soup at that) it hit like a brick wall - the stomach flu. Ick. Ick. Ick. I spent my first night not in the same room as Justin, and it was not a fun one. I hate being sick nearly as much as I hate working out.

I stayed home the next day, only to get a call from Daycare that Justin possibly had pinkeye and he needed to be picked up grreeeaaattt. I called Baby Daddy, who picked him up, and made an appt. with a Dr. in his pediatrician's office. Baby Daddy came home, reported that he also felt ill, napped for awhile, and took him to the doctor where crappy drops were procured. (Justin has had a teary/sometimes 'goopy' eye for a few weeks - the pediatrician commented on it at his two month appt. We have NEVER seen even a little color in his eye [besides those handsome blues]). So, Mitch comes home and gets more sick. Luckily, the Little Dude was spared from the sickness.

Saturday we celebrated Auntie Em's birthday, and today we spent a relaxing, though busy, day at home. We attempted some tummy time . Justin's version of tummy time means being put on his stomach, struggling and grunting for a bit while trying to lift his butt in the air, then giving up and sucking on his hand. He tries to raise his head maybe 50% of the time. We took 193 pictures to use for our Christmas Card (though 15 were of Izzers) - because having a baby means people now care to receive holiday mail. Baby Daddy let me put up Christmas decorations even though he's vehemently against Christmas before Thanksgiving. He only did it because we're uber busy until Christmas - don't give him too much credit ;) Pictures will be posted once we find a Hallmark that doesn't suck.

The photo above is of our little model showing off his handmade sweater. It amazes me that someone actually made that sweater - Thanks Stacia! It fits him perfectly now.

No comments:

Post a Comment