
Justin, this is Baby Daddy's first attempt to do a monthly post solo, and I'm also rusty on blog posting. As the readers (if there are any left) know, it's been over a month since Momma and I made a post. So, I'll make this apology short. I am sorry, and if this 14 month blog post is the thing that I do that disappoints you the most in your lifetime, I'll gladly accept that. And now, a summary of days 395-425 (ish) you've been with us. . .
As briefly mentioned in the 13 month post, this past month you officially started walking. No walls, no carts, more than three steps at a time, walking. This lasted about 3 seconds, then we went into baby/toddler sprint mode. The strides aren't long, but there's a lot of them in a short amount of time. You can make it from one end of the house to the other in a seconds, and you can be fairly stealthy about it.
I was moving so fast to this window, you couldn't even see the stripes.
When you aren't running around the house, you like to chase Izzers. Momma and I know this is happening because we hear the 'Banshee' Scream. It looks like this:

If you are close enough, Izzers will play with you a little, and then try to lick your fingers in an attempt to calm you down (it's an Izzer thing). Eventually, after an evening or playing, Izzers looks like this:
You can't see me in the blanket. This is not the Iz you are looking for.
The only thing you seem to do faster then motate (yep, motate) on two feet is eat. Not only are you fast at eating, you eat a lot. Still. More so than Momma sometimes a lot. And you are not picky. At all. And Dad is very thankful for that, because some day you are going to need to start eating Dad's lettuce that Mom will try to feed him as part of some 'diet.' You are still Tank. All 27 pounds of you.
I know this is where they hide the ice cream. . .
One other thing that continues to amaze me. Your hair. Specifically, its craziness. The 'Flock of Seagulls' look in the picture above is just one example of how it tends to become uncontrolled. It is to the point that I can only hope to contain it for minutes after your bath.
Trying to contain the curl has nothing to do with the fact that Justin has more hair than Baby Daddy. Honest.
You began to really start playing with your toys this last month, and not just watch someone play with them. When you're not jamming to your Harley's radio, or racing your cars down the ramp, you took the time to remove a furnace vent cover and put one of your blocks into the duct work. Dad enjoyed going after that.
I'll go with this one. It will have the least amount of drag and most downforce of any available car.
Speaking of playing, you have become obsessed with playing outside. I think this is in part because you are doing it on a regular basis at daycare now. Whether it's in the backyard or just on the deck, you want to be there, where you work on playing with leaves (thank you fall!).
Justin - now impressing the ladies with heart shaped leaves to go with his curly blonde hair and bright blue eyes.
You know you want to take me out there. You know you do.
Some other notes from Month 14:
- You moved to the toddler (go go Elephant) room at daycare.
- You had your first chiropractor visit. Do not call them back crackers to Momma. She does not approve.
- Sleep habits were the same as month 13. Dad got a chance to hang out with you in your rocking chair a few nights a week. And while I love spending time with you, I love sleeping horizontally, in my bed, as well :)
- You went to Great Grandma and Grandpa's 60th Anniversary celebration.

Notice Momma selects the picture that doesn't have her in it
- You got to experience your first ride on a piece of farm equipment, when you and cousin Annabelle were able to twist Gammy and Papa's arm into giving you a Gator ride.
My guess is that there wasn't much twisting needed.
- You also got to experience your first fall on the farm, which means you got to sit in a tractor for the first time.
I got this guys. Just let me know when supper is.
- And you may have had to put Annabelle in timeout when she came over to visit. . .
Okay. Not really. She did this on her own to grab toys out of the kennel. Honest. Hold on, there is someone at the door. . . DHS? (kidding)And with that, this post (which hopefully was worth reading) is ovah. Momma and I love you, more and more each day.









No comments:
Post a Comment