Thursday, June 16, 2011

10 Months

Holy Crap Handsome, (first, do me a favor and forget that Mama used the word 'crap' right there, k?), you are ten months old already. I know I say it every month, but this past month has really, truly, been the best of my life. You have grown so much and I have fallen so in love with my little boy as your personality has started to show. I cannot look at you without smiling anymore (okay - unless you're being a really big fuss bucket). This was a very busy month, so I'll jump right in . . .


* You weigh around 24.4 pounds. You are a heavy little booger to carry around, though it is great for toning my arms :) You now wear a size 4 diaper, size 12-18 month tops, and (if we are honest) 12-18 month pants are laughing at your thighs. Oh the thighs . . .


Huckleberry Justin

* Your development has EXPLODED this month. Last month we thought you were not going to crawl, and in the course of two weeks you started to army crawl, regular crawl, clap your hands, and pull yourself up. It has been crazy to watch you learn so much. You are now into everything and I cannot leave you alone for more than ten seconds. Your favorite things to go for are the night light in your room, Izzers' dog dishes by the kitchen - I can't tell you how many time I've pulled dog food out of your chubby little hand, though none has made it to your mouth, thankfully; the caddy with your old bath supplies in it, and the safety gate at the top of the stairs. If I need to do something, I will pull your pack n play over, put some toys in it, and hope you are entertained for a few minutes.


Another option for 'Count the things wrong with this picture' game. Such trouble . . . 

* Your aunts taught you 'No No No' - whenever we say that you shake your head back and forth smiling your handsome little smile.


Thank heaven for shorts season - so much easier to fit the thighs. 

* You now eat everything. Well, apples and eggs are iffy, but other than that - everything. We gave you beef, pork, chicken, and turkey, along with some kiwi and canteloupe to gauge your readiness for table food. To explain how well that went - here is the list of food you had at daycare today: peaches, cheerios, bananas, chicken, bread, corn. Yesterday?: cereal, pears, cheerios, baked beans, bread, pineapple, ham, animal crackers.

So, it has gone well and you have yet to refuse anything. You got itchy after eating a little egg (who knew they were one of the most common food allergies?), so we're holding those back, but otherwise you are eating whatever daycare gives you.


Ahhh  - finally, linebacker food . . . 

* Last month we moved into our new home and you have done great. You are now in your own room (cue sobbing from Mama), but you have done no worse than before. You still wake up once or twice a night - why dude, why??? Mama and Dad need sleep :)






* You have gotten two more teeth in the last month and are working on another one - perhaps why you have not been sleeping well. Two of the top four are in - though not the middle two - they are both to one side, which makes me think of a vampire (I roll with Team Justin ;) ).

* Hallelujiah - We have not used the nebulizer in three weeks. Your health has been noticeably better with the warmer weather and I am all too grateful for that. It is wonderful to see you breathe easily!


You mean I'm not supposed to eat the $19 sunscreen? What? 


* You enjoy bath time even more now that you are in the big tub. We put you on a little frog bath mat and spend the rest of the bath trying to keep you on the mat. You are usually too busy chasing the floating toys to sit still, but you will manage to do so to splash the water everywhere - seriously, I had to change shirts once.

* When I pick you up from daycare, and you see me you get the biggest smile on your face and let out a little excited squeal. This is the BEST part of my day.


Bet you five dollars I can pull myself up on this ottoman (I wouldn't bet against him - have you seen his thighs?)

* You enjoy spending time outside and we have set up your little pool. You are a little fish - you love the water!




( How to fill baby pool: Step 1: Move pool on deck near kitchen window. Step 2: Open kitchen window and pass kitchen sink spout (I feel like there is a better word for that but it escapes me right now) through window. Step 3: Turn on water to warm and put a few inches of water in the pool. Step 4: Put on flannel, hunt a squirrel, and drink some cheap booze around a fire because you just entered Redneck-ville) It is official - Justin is embarrassed of his parents at age 10 months. 


* This past month you really started to correlate 'Mama' with me and 'Dada' with Daddy. You will often say 'Mama' after I pick you up - you know exactly how to make me melt :)

* You are, really, a flirt and a social baby. You smile at everyone. I have yet to find one person that you will not smile for - but you smile the most for the ladies - heaven help us. You do not yet fuss over toys or protest something being taken away as long as you have something else to do.


You can flirt all you want Handsome, but remember you can't date until you are 25 ;). 

* The curl in your hair has come out and there is no stopping it!


Just in case you were wondering if his eyes were still blue . . . 

* This month you added "Baba" to your vocabulary along with 'Mama' 'Dada' and 'Lala'.

I really feel like I have missed a lot in this post, so be prepared for edits, additions, and general blog mayhem in the next few weeks. We love you Justin - so much and hope you always know that. It sounds sooooo corny, but I never thought I could love anyone as much as I love you. I could be diagnosed with an anxiety disorder - I pray constantly for your safety. You are an amazing addition to this world and I am so grateful that I get to be your Mama. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment