It's Super Dude!
Here's a basic rundown of our holidays. If you need to stretch while reading this, or get a small meal or take a break, feel free. It'll be a long one.
Christmas Eve - 'The Wulfekuhle/Hunts Attempt Christmas Eve Mass - or Fustin Justin Strikes Again'
Christmas Eve rolls around and we, being the good Catholics we are ;), decide to go to Christmas Eve Mass. Knowing the churches get very busy on Christmas Eve, we choose the 5:00 mass (one of 3 masses at our church this evening), get dressed, get JFrog ready, and arrive at church at 4:30. And . . . there were no parking spots left. None. People were actually parking other people in. I refused to walk very long in boots with an infant in the snowy weather (it had only snowed about 3" that afternoon), so we tried another church in the area. Low and behold, they had a 5:30 mass with parking! We set up camp in the very back of church, on the end just in case our little sleeping angel woke up during mass. Wouldn't you know it, at 5:27 he stirred, and stirred, and didn't want his paci, and wanted to be OUT OF THE CARSEAT NOW. (insert screaming baby here). Baby Daddy took Fustin Justin to the back of the church where other parents were (with their babies sitting quietly in their laps, btw). A few minutes later I realized that he wasn't going to come back into church, so I took our stuff and joined him. Justin required position changes and walking constantly to not scream, then wanted food, then didn't want food, then didn't want anything but to fuss. So, downstairs we went and as soon as we laid him down he was happy and kicking and giggling. We figured that we had technically made it to the homily and that we should call that good and leave. So, we did what all normal families do on Christmas Eve - we went home, ordered pizza, forgot to shovel said snow off of our doorsteps, made the Delivery Man walk through 6" of snow, ate pizza, opened our presents and went to bed.
We assumed Justin would be spoiled by our families, so we kept it simple and got him only a 9 month sleeper (which, btw fits him now) and two touch-and-feel books.
Izzers, of course, got treats - what else?
We woke up Christmas Morning, got ready, and left to make the family rounds. First stop was Grandma and Grandpa H's, and oh my, they did not hold back! Justin had enough toys to last the entire year after only this stop. Here Justin models with one of the favorites - his three (yes, three) stuffed cattle. And yes, they are anatomically correct.
After a quick nap, we headed to Grandma and Grandpa W's, and lost even more of our floor space to toys. He did get a few larger articles of clothing, which were much needed.
It was a great day and were happy to spend so much time with our families. Christmas evening, Justin and I took another nap - a common occurrence over the Holiday Season.
Pardon the double chin - I've completely fallen off the postpartum bandwagon (more on that later).
Dec. 28 - 'The Day the Hawkeyes Didn't Disappoint in Fall 2010'
Nearly convinced that the Hawks were going to lose to Mizzou, I claimed we weren't going to watch the whole game and were going to get a decent nights' sleep. Well, they won and we got little sleep. Go Hawks!
Hawkeye's #1 Fan
Dec 31 - 'They Day I Sucked at Being a Wife'
None of us were feeling that great on New Years' Eve, so we stayed in. It may have been a special day for Baby Daddy. I may have done nothing to celebrate that. BUT - we did stay up past midnight, which was a great improvement over last year when my exhausted, pregnant booty was in bed by 10:30. There is nothing exciting to report here.
In the Meantime -
Baby Daddy had the entire week after Christmas off, and I worked my last 3 days at TA (more on that later). We spent LOTS of time playing with JFrog, who is learning more and more each day. He has been so happy lately (thank you no colic or sickness (knock on wood)) and so playful that I wonder if this is what babies without colic are like from the beginning. Fussing or not, I adore him! Who wouldn't?
Look at those Cheeks!
It is crazy that 2011 is already here. I spent so much time looking forward to the last half of 2010 that 2011 wasn't even on my radar. It seems strange that my baby is nearly five months old (!!) and has yet to meet some of the most important people - I'm looking at you San Diego :) We'll make it happen in 2011.
We'll be back soon with our New Years Resolutions (Baby Edition)!









No comments:
Post a Comment